Thursday, February 4, 2010

Jewel Charity Ball

That's right, I'm making up for not blogging for an entire month by posting two blogs in one day! This one even has pictures!

One of our friends invited Andrew and I to be her guest at Jewel Charity Ball. Her name is Leanne, she is a FABULOUS graphic designer, and she designed the invitations for the Ball. JCB is a great organization that does fund raising throughout the year for Cooks Children's Hospital here in FW. It all culminates in January at their HUGE gala ball...seriously, there were 2,000 people there. Basically it is like the fun part of a wedding...dinner, dancing, drinking and an all around good time. It was held at the Omni this year, the food was great, the wine was great and the dancing, oh the dancing. I even got to wear a floor length evening gown I bought from Neimans!!! (on HUGE sale mind you)

Andrew made me proud again, he ended up on stage with the band at one point in the evening dancing. I just LOVE that I have a husband who loves to dance and really gets into making a dancing evening a fun time. We ran into our good friends Doug and Julie Renfro as well, and Andrew and Doug found props to wear during the dancing. Leanne and her husband John were out on the floor with us the entire time...just a great time! The band even played Lady Gaga...hilarious.
Leanne and I during dinnerAndrew and I on the dancefloor

Andrew and Doug with their festive props!Andrew on stage with the bandA little decaf at the end of the evening

1 comment:

  1. I want to see a full length picture of that gown, missy!

    Andrew seems like such a riot! There must be more pictures documenting his stage dancing!

    ReplyDelete