Thursday, February 4, 2010

Christmas

Well, I'm over a month behind, but I have my Christmas update complete with NO pictures. Boring.

This year was an interesting Christmas. It actually made me REALLY hate the Bing Crosby song "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas." I will never dream of a white Christmas, in fact, I will only dream of a white Monday morning in January when work might possibly be canceled. Anyway....I digress. This year Andrew and I had a GREAT plan as I blogged about in my last post (yes, I know that was a month ago, no jeering).

To start, Andrew and I had an incredible Christmas just the two of us on Christmas Eve eve...lots of fun, we loved our gifts, and our tradition of watching Christmas Vacation by the fire!!

The morning of Christmas Eve worked out great! It was wonderful having his family over for brunch, and we had a great relaxing time together. However, the snow was starting to fall, and I was getting slightly nervous about the drive to LBK. Anyway, we went to Uncle Julio's for lunch, and that was so fun as well, but decided that we should skip Andrew's grandmother's Christmas Eve night due to the weather, and begin our trek to LBK. We were caught in the horrible snow, it took us 2 and 1/2 hours to go 20 miles and back to our apt. I cried. A lot. First Christmas morning without my parents EVER. Anyway, Andrew had a flight the morning of the 26th, and couldn't come to LBK with me when I left Christmas Day, b/c he would have to turn around and head back. So our second Christmas together was spent apart. Not that fun. However, after my 7 hour drive to LBK (usually a 4 1/2) I got to head straight to my dad's parents house with my parents and just see and love all of that family. Then, my mom's side graciously agreed to move our Christmas with them to the day after, so I got to have that feast with them as well in LBK. Other than my husband missing, it was GREAT!

So you can see why I am not wishing for a white one next year. Clear as a bell pretty please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment