Monday, August 31, 2009

Oh Heavens!

Well, I knew it would happen, I am already lapsing on my blogging! Yikes! There are many things going on that have updates...but I don't have the pictures just yet. As a tease...I helped one of my dearest friends, Whitney, take pictures for one of the coolest couples, Keri and David, at their wedding this weekend. Whitney is the talent, I was just there in case her flash didn't work and we needed to use mine. I borrowed her bf's Nikon d90, I think that is impressive to photographers, and shot away...mind you, never leaving the "automatic" position. When Whit has gone through them, I'll post some on here as well. On another note about the fantastic Whit-Bit...her 27th bday was Friday, and she drove in to FW for the wedding...so Andrew and I took her out in style. Our first try was for sushi and martini's, around the corner from our place so if stumbling home was necessary we were well equipped, but the ridiculous line thwarted us, and off to Mi Cocina and their fabulous margaritas we went. Here is a picture of the lovely bday girl!

Sunday was also Andrew's first overnight flight! Yay! He flew to Omaha and returns today...he is so cool!

Another fun thing that happened this weekend...my parents called me Sunday after church and asked if I had plans for Sunday night. They surprised me and drove to Fort Worth for the night!! Really I think they were just bringing their dog Tucker for a 300 mile play-date, but whatever.

Also, Michelle let me know that everyone can't comment on the blog...I think I fixed it. So now I am expecting some UNBELIEVABLE comments from ALL of you. You can't see, but I'm giving the "stink eye" to those who refuse to comment.

I'll be back later with a more excited post that also includes pictures.

3 comments:

  1. What a great picture of you two! I totally thought you lived in Austin, now I am completely thrown off. I guess I need to pay more attention...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see wedding pictures -- how fun! Great picture of you and Whit! Did she love the goodness that is Mi Cocina?

    And your parents really drove down for the night? They love you (and maybe your dog, too?)... That's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! not only did Mi Cocina have excellent margaritas, the guacamole was terrific! [Honestly, it could be excellent at a lot of places, but after my recent acceptance of the avocado, I really enjoyed it.]

    And, btw, you were way more help than just to be there in case my flash didn't work!! Your pictures are way awesome. And I think I'll have to do more editing on mine than yours. No fair!

    Thanks again for a wonderful birthday weekend!!

    ReplyDelete