Thursday, August 20, 2009

Marnie and Thomas are Hitched!

Hurrah! Hurrah! The day finally came! Ever since Thomas called us in January saying he was proposing to Marnie, and we had the privilege of hosting a little engagement congrats at our house, I have been looking forward to seeing my beautiful sister-in-law and Thomas' wedding.
Marnie is such a sweet spirit, and I really have come to drop the "in-law" after sister when I think of her, and Thomas has such a gentle soul, but can be absolutely hilarious and surprising. They had a fun rehearsal dinner at Grump's burgers in Granbury, and it reminded Andrew and I of our rehearsal dinner at our favorite burger joint Dutch's (seriously, if you live in Fort Worth, go there - it is half priced burgers on Tuesdays). There were funny stories and speeches all around.

Marnie and Thomas at Grump's
Andrew and I at Grumps
Mouth Watering Fries

The wedding day was great - Andrew was able to golf with the guys that morning, and I was able to hang out with my parents (a SUPER added bonus). For those of you who don't know, I'm ridiculously close to my parents, hate that we live 4-5 hours away, so I love when they get to come down or we get to go up. We even braved the dog park with our two dogs and my parent's dog...good times. Anyway, we got the wedding and it was so great. Thomas and Marnie have waited 9 years for this day...so it is no wonder there was a ton of crying going on! I didn't cry, but that was b/c we had a person sitting next to us with one of those wind up cameras who insisted on taking quite a few pictures, and I was trying not to laugh at that.

Happy Couple RIGHT after the ceremony

The reception was great - that is where my husband's dancing shines! The Heffley's got Llano wine, for those that don't know, that's my family, so that was so sweet that we got to drink that at the wedding. Everytime Andrew and I get ready to leave for a wedding he notes - I will not dance too much at this one, and despite that he is almost always shakin it the entire time on the dance floor. This time was NO different! I love that I married a dancer...and a great one at that. One of the incredibly generous things that happened at the wedding, which backs up my Marnie and Thomas are the sweetest comments, is that half-way through the reception they announced that Andrew and I had just had our first anniversary, then proceeded to play the song we danced to as our first dance, Van Morrison's These Are the Days. Isn't that nice?!

My fabulous parents and I at the wedding

Anyway, it was a great wedding, we had a BLAST with Andrew's cousins, and on the dance floor. Andrew's cousins (I use the term loosely as they call their 100th cousin 5th removed simply "cousin") and their husbands have become great friends to us, and we hung out all night. Coincidentally we were also the most popular table, as we did bring in some reinforcements...but since the Bride, Groom and all attendants partook in our *water* bottle, we figure we're forgiven!
If you would like to see all of the pictures from the wedding and rehearsal you can click here.
The "cousins" and troublemakersSome odd dancing begins with Travis and Jason

Andrew's building up to something great!

No comments:

Post a Comment