Sunday, February 13, 2011

Movin on down....to the East Side!

Well, I've been waiting to receive photos from sweet Annie from our awesome outing at the Austin rodeo. Her and Austin say they read this blog, so maybe this will peer pressure them to send them this way and I can get going on a blog about the FW rodeo last weekend!

In the meantime - I had a wonderful weekend this weekend in Fort Worth! My parents came in from Lubbuttocks on Thursday night to spend the weekend and look for houses in FW. HURRAH! Kindyle, because she's awesome, took the day Friday showing them around while I was kicking off an event at one of my schools. While they were tooling around cowtown, turns out they found a jewel! Yes, they found a house the really like - and it is only about 10 minutes from our house!!! I'm BEYOND excited, and they are thinking about putting in an offer on the house. It is awesome and it is on Mary's Creek - isn't that funny, our home is on Mary's Lane, and they have a house they like on Marys Creek! Gotta love the Mary's in cowtown! So, everyone keep fingers crossed that things work out - and that my parent's house in LBK sells. Anyone looking for a great house in LBK?

We also had fun just hanging out in Fort Worth! One fun thing - mom went with me to brunch this morning with cousins Becca, Jenny and their mom Tara. It was a BLAST! Becca and Jenny are Andrew's 3rd cousins or something like that, but we are all really close. We are secretly hoping our moms end up bffs b/c they both awesome. I think I've mentioned brunch at Taverna on here before, as it turns out the manager has now taken to hugging me when we come in. Score, it better get us some free stuff!! :) Gotta love a great weekend!

Also, tomorrow Andrew and I are going with Les and Kindyle to Nonna Tata's for Vday dinner!! I'm beyond excited! Nona's is one of my favs, but A kind of hates it....he loves it, just won't admit it. Anyway, Les pulled an impossible and got us reservations there a few weeks ago (I say impossible b/c it seats about 20 people and they don't take reservations) and I couldn't be more excited. I promised to bring a camera this time so this blog will actually have some appeal with pics and such!

Hope everyone has a happy vday!

P.S. I have some awesome schools that are doing Jump Rope for Heart, some of them are really low income and the kids try and raise $$ the best that they can, but can't always raise what they want to. If anyone wants to donate to the American Heart Association, let me know and I'll get you to donate through a kiddo that's really trying so they feel like they're making a difference. It means the world to them.

1 comment:

  1. I do know someone who might be looking for a house in the LBK. Send me a link when your parents get it listed!!

    ReplyDelete