Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Whew, auction over!

As you know, I am an event planner for BRIT. I have many small fund raising events throughout the year, but I have two HUGE events each year that just about wipe me out. This past Friday was our Fete du Vin Wine Auction and Dinner, and if I do say so myself, it went off splendidly!!

My parents are the most awesome parents a girl could ask for, I think I've mentioned that before in this blog, and they came in on Thursday to help Andrew and I out with our dogs (he was flying a lot Thursday and Friday) and help me set up my auction. I mean really, my parents drove 5 hours to work for me for free. See, awesome. It was great seeing them, and of course Huck and Gus loved having their friend Tucker to run around with.

The day of the auction is spent putting up displays, deciding we don't like the way it looks, taking them down, then re-doing them. Whew...by the time the guests arrive we are ready for a nap. Haha, but this year was just awesome, and I even had a seat to sit and chat with some of my dearest friends. Not to mention try a spot of their wine! ;) I am posting some pictures of the event that my friend Tiana took below for those of you who haven't seen it because you don't travel 5 hours to Fort Worth to work for me for free...which really you should reconsider, I'll give you a bottle of wine. Come on, you know you want to come next year....

The Hallway - when guests arrive it was supposed to feel as though they were entering a vineyard!Oh the yummy cheese display
Tiana, myself and Becca after they modeled designer gowns for us
Terri and Alan, some of our dearest!

P.S. I think Andrew and I will be carving a pumpkin in the coming days...so expect to be blown away by awesome pumpkin pictures. Well, actually, I told Andrew we could download all of these cool designs to carve, to which he responded "no, we'll just do a regular jack-o-lantern." We may be carving two as a competition now! :) Also, it is getting colder, so it is totally acceptable to jam out to Christmas music in my car now...leave me alone.

2 comments:

  1. I'll work for you for free if you need volunteers. :) I'm not 5 hours away. Maybe 45 minutes. On a bad day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara - you're so sweet! I might calling you in the spring!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete